TEFL International’s 4 week intensive TESOL Certificate course offers its trainees an unparalleled academic and practical opportunity to not only learn how to teach English as a second language, but also to plug into the massive job market for teachers worldwide. The materials and other resources employed are all considered cutting edge in the industry and will help prepare you for a career teaching English anywhere in the world.
Books and Other Handouts
Each course participant will be provided with handbooks and other publications that cover all of the following:
- Practical Teaching Skills and Concepts – actual lesson plans and teaching guidance
- Language Awareness and Grammar – know how to learn before learning how to teach
- Phonetics – essential to learning or teaching any language
- Classroom Management – how to present a lesson and manage students
All materials used in the classroom are a product of decades of industry experience, feedback from teachers and students, and input from industry and academic professionals from around the globe. They comprise the most comprehensive, all inclusive subject matter available in the world today which will significantly enhance your learning (and ultimately your teaching) experience.
Each trainee will maintain a Course Log which includes the following information:
- Teaching practice lesson plan
- Materials list and assessment information
- Language lessons and observation journal
- Personal notes to keep up with Timetable, Classroom management,
Teaching skills, Grammar, Phonology and other core course components
Practical Teaching Component
There is no question that the best means of learning how to teach English is to actually do it. Given the need for practical, hands on teaching experience, TEFL International makes every effort to provide this vital teaching component for each of our trainees with a minimum of 9 hours of observed teaching practice.
On Site Support
Our staff and teacher trainers are on site to provide you 24 hour support on the ground throughout your course in addition to invaluable job placement assistance when looking to enter the job market. Please click here to learn more about our Trainee Support services.