Chiapa de Corzo, Mexico
Enroll for the course starting on 31 October and get FREE ACCOMMODATIONS!
In the beautiful southern state of Chiapas lies the quiet, often overlooked colonial town of Chiapa de Corzo. Bordered in the North by Tabasco, Oaxaca to the West, the Pacific Ocean to the south, Veracruz to the Northwest, and Guatemala to the East. An entire range of geography is present in Chiapas: from high Sierra mountains to cloud rainforests to rolling Pacific coastline – Mexico is sure to have something for everyone.
For a cultural and historical experience, take a weekend trip to visit the Maya ruins of Palenque, Yaxchilan, Bonampak. or nearby Chinkultik. Just hop on a plane to the Tuxtla Guiterrez Airport and take advantage of our free pick-up service by paying your course fees in full before arrival!
Situated in the sunny South of Mexico, Chiapa de Corzo is a wonderful location to study for your TEFL certification! The wonderful weather allows you to explore the stunning vistas and luscious flora and fauna, while the compact size of the town and the wonderfully sunny demeanor of the locals provide a warm and caring environment for education. After your day’s studies have concluded you could visit the oldest Mayan long calendar or the Pila, a 16th century Spanish fountain, or explore the exotic beauty of nearby Cañón del Sumidero National Park. No matter the day’s adventures, you will be sure thoroughly enjoy your time in Chiapas!
The course is $1590 USD, excluding accommodation.
-A homestay with a prescreened Mexican family is $210 USD
-A room at the local hotel or hostel starts at $420 USD for the whole month.
-Excluded from the course fee is collection from the airport or the bus station. Any requests for airport pick ups will be charged $30 USD. However, course fees include all support materials like handbooks, handouts, etc.
There are two options for TEFL students during your stay in Mexico, a homestay or a room in a hostel or hotel.
- Homestays are arranged with pre-screened local Mexican families, and are all within walking distance. You will have a private room and bathroom. Food is not included, even though the kitchen will be available for use. The homestay option often allows students a great insight into Mexican culture and more exposure to the Spanish language. This option will cost $210. - A room in a local Hostel or Hotel may alternatively be arranged prior to your arrival in Chiapas de Corzo. There are a few different options, but rooms start at $420 per month, and the Course Center staff will be able to assist you in booking your preferential room.
- October 1 – 26, 2012
- October 29 – November 23, 2012
- November 26 – December 21, 2012
- January 2-January 25, 2013
- January 28- February 22 , 2013
- February 25- march 22, 2013
- April 8- may 3, 2013
- May 7- May 31, 2013
- June 3- June 28, 2013
- July 8- August 2, 2013
- September 2- September 27, 2013
- September 30- October 25, 2013
- October 28- November 22, 2013
- November 25- December 20, 2013