TEFL Sales Consultant
Who Are We?
At Global Experiences, Inc. and TEFLCOURSE.com we thrive on helping people get an edge on life – academically, personally and professionally. We are a young, dynamic company that likes to move quickly, and have a lot of fun. Our office environment is very relaxed, our team is full of great and interesting people, and we are always looking to bring on highly optimistic people with a lot of energy. If you are not one of these people, please do not apply.
The position sells courses that certify people in TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language). We help our graduates to teach English all around the world. We are a fun, creative, responsive, culturally sensitive, high value company. EVERY team member is expected to “bring it” every day with a high level of intensity but we are also sure to have a lot of fun along the way. This position is meant for someone who is hungry for success and works well independently. This full time position is to be filled immediately.
We are growing at a very good rate in a tough economy. We only hire people with integrity and honesty about traveling, teaching, training and the world job market. You are representative of our company mission and core values.
- Serve as primary point of contact and salesperson for all TEFL training courses and programs.
- Become the champion of TEFL knowledge and sales for the organization
- Sales through email, phone, and presentations for people wanting to teach English abroad
- Leads will be generated for you and thus NO COLD CALLING!
- Consistently research competition and business climate while suggesting improvements
- Responsible for accuracy and quality of content on website and marketing materials
- Regular reporting to management on leads, enrollments, status of market
- Helping dreams come true for people looking to live, work and teach abroad.
- You are not selling insurance or widgets, you are selling life-changing experiences
Monday to Friday: 11:00am – 7:30pm
- International travel experience either traveling (extensively – 2 weeks on the eurail does not count), studying abroad, working abroad, etc. (You must have international travel experience to be considered for this job. If you have never traveled abroad, please do not apply.)
- 1+ years of inside/outside sales or recruitment experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly optimistic with outstanding communication skills
- Strong writing skills as position relies heavily on email correspondence
- Be personable, highly self-motivated and able to work independently as this position is one of our most independent
- Experience in sales, recruitment or related field a big plus
- Experience with MS Office suite, especially Outlook and Excel, is a must
- High level of comfort with web-based applications, internet, etc.
- An overall “figure it out” mentality is essential to work for an organization like ours
Compensation: $30-40K average
This position is largely commission-based and will begin with a higher base salary and lower commission for first 3 months, then base will taper off after 3 months and commission will increase. After 6 months, the position will be 100% commission based but benefits, vacation, sick days, etc will remain the same.
This compensation scheme isn’t for everyone but is geared for people who work hard at a fulfilling job and want to earn based on their performance. We will train you, give you continued support, and offer a generous commission for people who do their job well. We also appreciate ambitious people who want to grow into other responsibilities later in their career and try to promote from within. The applicant must understand it may take them several months to learn the ropes and bring their income up to the $30-40K averages we have seen historically.
- Individual health care provided after 60 days
- 3 weeks paid vacation (not many companies offer this from the start!)
- Retirement plan with 3% employer match
- Honor system sick and other personal days, we know you’ll come back!
To be considered for this position please send:
- Resume and cover letter
- Be sure to include specific international travel experience, countries you visited, how long you were there, what you did, etc in your cover
- Salary history
- When you are available for an interview and when you could start if hired
- An email address, phone number and good time to call
- Please include “Application for TEFL Sales Consultant position” in subject line of email
To be considered for this position please send: an email to email@example.com